To mount the Led modules, I need spacers, so I made them with the laser cutter. The cad program is QCad and to vectorize, I use Inkscape.
Today I started to build the twenty grow lights. They are for my primeval code experiment. My eyes are no longer the bests for soldering work, so I do the work with a microscope. And 14 of 20 are ready for today.
I want to build a nice integrated keypad for a project, so I'm testing a few methods to create buttons. This one seems to have potential. Two laser cut parts, one is the number keypad and the other one is glued under this one. A small mechanical button and the thing is ready.
My plant light works. The first seed starts to grow. I've done a timelaps video over the day, with one picture every 60 seconds. Playback rate is 25 frames per second. I've slightly zoomed in and I layed a green filter over the video to remove the maximum of the pink light. https://youtu.be/iFm6XJoxbwE https://youtu.be/qQiarYeKXeg
I need a Mount for my Action Cam. So I designed a simple cad in Sketchup 8. The 2d graphic has been drawn in qcad Power on the laser cutter, et voila Gluing the parts together Finishing the Camera Mount And the result
This will be my first attempt to check if my grow light works. I use coir pellets witch provide a lot of substrate and as seed I use salad burnet herb. I took these because of there size. A small plastic Tupperware will work as a peel for my vegetables. With the addition of water, … Continue reading Live Test Of My Led Grow Light
My idea to stack the led modules works. On the one on the left, I replaced two blue led's with a white and an UV one.
I just finished the first of the twenty grow lights. Works great and as I calculated, it takes at 12V DC 200mA.
So now that the Led's are here. With the laser cut mask I can place them all together with the resistors on the PCB and solder them.
For my plant grow experiment I need a few high voltage circuits. I've got these four for 4 $ on Ebay. I think this is a good price. They have an output between 80-500 V witch is more than enough for the first experimental series.