I'm still working on my Plant Timer, but the libraries are taking to much space. So I checked out the Datasheet of the DHT11 Temp-sensor and I wrote my own Code. It works perfect. Download it here on my Github // Global Variables int DHT11_Pin = 14; // DHT11 Data Pin int Humidity = 0; … Continue reading DHT11 On Arduino Without a Library
I've already had build an indoor grow light, but my plants didn't survive. I thought, the lights were bad, but honestly ,I had no clue how to handle plants. So here comes the second try, on my way to an automatic hydroponic system. The light will be made out of ultra bright white, red, and … Continue reading Indoor Arduino Controlled Grow Light
The last Month, I worked on a few props, for our family Halloween Party. A few can be found in Instructables The Spooky Family portraits. The frames are made out of 3mm MDF. Do not use real candles for these frames! to create the spooky portrait, I've created this small video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6Am8Gd8kg&t=32s I'm no gimp … Continue reading Halloween 2019
I write this down, for myself, and to help others not to search for hours too. I bought a few new, ATtiny 85 and Atiny13 at Aliexpress. It was the first time, I used these brand new controllers. So what can go wrong? EVERYTHING 🙂 First, I soldered them to the PCB-breakouts Sot8 to DIP8, … Continue reading Brand New Attiny’s And The Problems
This undress alert is for my thirteen-year-old son suffering from autism Scott still has problems with the toilet, and because of his limited communication, he takes off his clothes when he is in his room. This does not end, every time, very well. We always keep an eye on him, but I thought it would … Continue reading UD-Alert V1.0
I finally found the time to solder all together an to write a small test program for the Digistump micro controller. It's just changing the brightness and a few color combinations, but it works. Now I have to optimize the software for my bases, so I can switch it on and off, change the color … Continue reading RGB module for my LED bases
I corrected a few issues in the design, but created a few new ones :(. Never mind, I took the chance to try a few paint technics with glue, toilet paper and acrylic paint. Not perfect and a little bit too much, but the next one will be better :).
This Weekend I laser cut the first parts of the Word-clock. Mounting all together. First test run of the multiplexer
It was not the plan to do it like this, but it was nearly impossible to solder these LED's by hand. So I used a plastic sheet and my laser to create a stencil. A few years ago I bought a 20$ oven that should be transformed in a reflow oven, but like other projects, … Continue reading SMD Reflow Soldering (had no choice)
I always had the idea to build a "WORD CLOCK" for myself. Most designs are flat and somehow always the same. I wanted to design mine, slightly different. This is just the basic idea, but I think I'm on the right path. 3D designs done in Sketchup 8.